Raymarine forum

Full Version: RL80C as fishfinder with DSM300 which transducer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have an RL80C, with (2) ST60's (one on fly bridge other in salon at lower helm) along with an ST8001 auto pilot with a course computer. I read by a raymarine moderator that i could get the sounder, I got the dsm300, and be able to use the RL80C as a fishfinder. My question is I have 3 transducers, 1 is a P120 ST800, i believe thats temp and speed, another is a B22 (thats all thats on the tag) and the other airmar has no tags at all. Which transducer do I need fo fishfinder capabilities? Will the P120 worK? Please advise Im desperate =)..
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum guntruck,

Unfortunately, neither of the two transducers specified may be used with a DSM300. Please click here to view the transducers which are designed for use with the DSM300.
Thank you Chuck, I purchased a P79 In Hull Transducer today. Is there any specific distance I should keep the transducers apart?
guntruck,

Raymarine has not specified any such minimum distances. With that said, it is recommended that the P79 be installed forward or on the opposite side of the keel from any thru-hull transducers. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test for a satisfactory location for a thru-hull or in-hull transducer.
Reference URL's