Raymarine forum

Full Version: Stuck Electrical Connector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Dragonfly Pro 7 and I can't get the electrical connector on the back of the unit to unplug. I like to take the unit off the boat to avoid theft and/or possibly draining the battery. The knob on the back doesn't fully rotate. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Logic,

The green locking collar of a Dragonfly 4/5/7 display's power/transducer socket is designed to have relatively limited rotational movement. When the locking collar is rotated into the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position, the display's power/transducer plug may be inserted or removed. Rotating the locking collar's tabs clockwise two clicks to an orientation which is slightly beyond the 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock positions will lock the Dragonfly display's power/transducer plug within the Dragonfly display's power/transducer socket. Rotating the locking collar's tabs counterclockwise back two clicks to the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position will unlock the Dragonfly display's power/transducer plug from the Dragonfly display's power/transducer socket.

Caution: rotation of the Dragonfly display's locking collar in excess of that specified above may cause the Dragonfly display's power/transducer plug to be rotated within its socket, resulting in damage to the socket's pins. Should this occur, then the reported symptom may additionally occur, rendering it necessary to send the Dragonfly display to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
I'm not sure if it's rotating exactly far enough to unlock the socket. It locks in the vertical position-12 o-clock and currently rotates so the green tabs are almost horizontal (within about 1/8 inch of horizontal position) Socket is not unlocked and can't be removed. Please advise
Logic,

The socket is designed to be unlocked, not locked, when the locking collar's tabs have been rotated into the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock positions. As you have indicated, the locking collar will rotate clockwise two clicks such that the locking collar's tab is slightly less advanced than the 3 o'clock position. This is the locked position. The plug's o-ring forms a fairly tight fit to the power/transducer socket and as such, some force may be required to remove the plug. Should salt crystals have formed around the plug's o-ring, then this may cause additional resistance when removing the plug. Flushing the area with fresh water may dissolve build-up salt crystals. Should the locking collar be oriented as specified within my initial response, then plug may be pulled from the socket. However, should the locking collar have been over-rotated during use, then damage to the socket may prevent the plug from being removed, necessitating the action specified within my initial response.
Reference URL's