Raymarine forum

Full Version: Fishfinder issues with Dragonfly 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Previously posted thread re: issues with my Dragonfly 6 (http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=2409)

I have performed a software update and although the GPS takes a long time to get a fix, it eventually does. Unfortunately the fish finder functionality "locks up" and shows no data after short periods of time (20 minutes or so of drifting or after moving the boat at planing speeds). This also affects the depth finder which will show obviously wrong numbers (shows 30 ft. when in 5 ft of water and the numbers do not update). Water temperature and speed always seem to update correctly (when GPS is fixed).

The only way to get the fish finder to work again is to do a full reboot which now causes me to lose GPS for another 5-10 minutes. I have checked the connection to the transducer but do not see any issues.

TIA
TIA,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Has the Dragonfly display been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead? If not, then it would be recommended that the Dragonfly display be temporarily re-located to a location which will afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and that it be re-tested in that location. Should the Dragonfly display be installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead and should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

Regarding the fishfinder issues, it is recommended that the battery supplying power to the Dragonfly display be fully charged and that the system then be be re-tested while the boat remains connected to shore power. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the display be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Took the boat out yesterday, no issues with the GPS however the fishfinder/sonar locks up after short periods of use and display nonsense depths. I checked the transducer to make sure it was in the locked down position which it was. I doesn't make a difference whether I am running on battery or with the engine running.

How do I coordinate shipping the unit back to be tested? What are the chances the failure has to do with the transducer?

Thanks
jlochner,

It is highly unlikely that the reported issue is rooted within the transducer. You need simply ship the Dragonfly display along with a brief not describing the reported problem, daytime contact information, and shipping information to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Reference URL's