Raymarine forum

Full Version: 2 chart icons on home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why do I have two chart icons on my A98 home screen? Which icon should I use with sonar?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lee,

The MFD's Home screen and Pages are address within Section 3.6: Homescreen overview — Touch and Section 3.8: Pages of the LightHouse II Release 17 Operating Instructions respectively. Selecting any page shown within the home screen which is fully dedicated to or contains a pane which has been programmed to run the Chart application will in turn cause the corresponding page to be displayed and Chart application to be shown within the entire displayed page or one of its panes respectively. Similarly, selecting any page shown within the home screen which is fully dedicated to or contains a pane which has been programmed to run the Fishfinder application will in turn cause the corresponding page to be displayed and Fishfinder application to be shown within the entire displayed page or one of its panes respectively.
Still does not answer question "Why do I have two(2) chart icons on my home screen?"
Lee,

The default set of page icons of the Home screen has been designed to include two page featuring the Chart application, with one of these pages featuring two Chart application panes. As indicated previously, the Home screen's page icons may be customized to display a page which will include any of the MFD's supported applications. The Chart/Chart page of the Home screen's default set of page icons is commonly used by operator to permit a page to display two Chart applications. Common uses for this page include, but are not limited to the following:
- one of the page's Chart panes will be configured to display nautical charts while the second Chart pane will be configured to display detailed bathymetrics
- one of the page's Chart panes will be configured to display nautical charts and be ranged well in to provide close-in navigational information, while the second Chart pane will be configured to also display nautical charts and be ranged well out to provide vessel location in context to the general area
- one of the page's Chart panes will be configured to display Navionics nautical charts, while the second Chart pane will be configured to display LightHouse or C-Map nautical charts
- one of the page's Chart panes will be configured to display nautical charts, be range well in, and be configured for Head up chart orientation to support piloting, while the second Chart pane will be configured to also display nautical charts, be configured to North Up, and be ranged well out to provide vessel location in context to the general area,
- etc.
Reference URL's