Raymarine forum

Full Version: Evo 100 Networking Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am helping a friend configure his sailboat with Raymarine Electronics.

He has:
Evo 100 with P70 control head and Mk2 wheel pilot
I50 Depth
I50 Speed
I60 Wind

The Evo 100 components are connected to a 5 way Seatalk NG connector.

The speed, depth, and wind instruments are daisy chained together and then connected to a Seatalk 1 to Seatalk NG connector (I don't know why).

On the P70 control head I can run diagnostics and all the devices show up (I50 depth, I50 Speed, I60 wind, ACU, etc.).

If I try to search for a speed or depth source, nothing shows up.

Any ideas? I can provide screen shots, etc. if that helps.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry,

In the system specified there would be no need to specify Data Sources, as the system only features one source for each type of data. Communications with each of the devices within the network may be verified via the autopilot control head (MENU->SET-UP->DIAGNOSTICS->ABOUT SYSTEM). Should each of the system's devices be listed, then nothing more need typically be done.

A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cable would be used to support replacing a ST60 instrument with an i60 or i50 instrument. As the only devices listed have a SeaTalkng communications interface, the supplied SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cable would not be used and should be disconnected from the instrument to avoid any potential confusion for someone servicing the system. No more than three SeaTalkng devices should be installed within a single spur. The total length of the spur created by daisy chaining the i50 and i60 instruments and then connecting them to a spur socket within the backbone cannot exceed 6m ... please verify.

The SeaTalkng backbone will need to be powered via a SeaTalkng Power Cable installed within a spur socket positioned at the approximate midpoint of the backbone's LEN load.

Finally, one blue SeaTalkng Termination Plug each must be installed within the backbone socket located at the backbone's two opposite end nodes.

Should you be having some other problem with the product and have interfaced the equipment in the manner described, then please describe the problem and attach a diagram of the system (a photo of a hand drawn diagram will suffice).
Reference URL's