Raymarine forum

Full Version: Questions re. Raymarine A68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My unit is an OEM option with a new Boston Whaler. Two issues:

When I read the advertisement literature it showed boxes on the fishfinder screen that displayed speed, temp and depth. I cannot find the temp option in the box menu. Do I need a special transducer? Mine has no ID on it that I can see but I believe it is a CPT-100DVS.

Secondly, I did add a box with the speed option, and it does show the box with "-MPH". I get no speed readout. However, on the "Data" screen it does show the speed, so I guess the GPS is actually working. How do I get it to read?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Q1. I cannot find the temp option in the box menu. Do I need a special transducer? Mine has no ID on it that I can see but I believe it is a CPT-100DVS.
A1. With regard to water temperature, the CPT-100DVS does indeed feature a thermistor. When configuring a Databox to display Water Temperature, this data item may be contained within the Environment Data Group (SELECT DATA->ENVIRONMENT->WATER TEMP).

Q2. Secondly, I did add a box with the speed option, and it does show the box with "-MPH". I get no speed readout. However, on the "Data" screen it does show the speed, so I guess the GPS is actually working. How do I get it to read?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As the CPT-100DVS does not feature a paddlewheel speed though water transducer, the application's Databox should be configured to display SOG rather than Speed.
Thanks for the welcome and the tips. Next time I'm out i'll try again. Unfortunately, the boat has to be in the water to experiment.
You're welcome.
Thank you so much. I got the 2 boxes in the lower left portion of the screen to show temp and speed, as I wanted.

Next question - the advertisement photo shows those 2 boxes, but also a box in the upper left corner that displays depth. I can't find a menu that generates that box.
Jim,

Q1. The advertisement photo shows those 2 boxes, but also a box in the upper left corner that displays depth. I can't find a menu that generates that box.

A1. The a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are restricted to displaying two Databoxes per application pane. Please note that the MFD's Databar may also be customized to display data items of choice. Detailed information concerning customization of the Databar may be found within the LightHouse II Operations Guide. Should you have any additional concerns related to the advertising image that you have referred to, then it would be recommended that a copy of the advertising image be attached to this thread to further clarify the issue which you are seeking assistance with.
Here's a photo I cut and pasted from a company selling them. The pic must be a stock photo since most sales ads for this model have the same one.

The 2 lower left boxes are the ones you helped me with before. I realize that there is only an option for 2. The 133ft box in the upper left corner is the one I am trying to place.

I CAN put it on the Databar but that has a half dozen boxes and i don't necessarily want to have all of them on at the same time.

Thanks again for the help...
Jim,

The photo is of an a68 running very early software which supported showing DownVision sonar and CHIRP (conical) sonar imaging within a single pane. The currently available software does not support this feature. While a page of the a68 MFD may now be configured with two Fishfinder panes (one pane may be configured to display the DownVision sonar channel and the second pane may be configured to display the CHIRP (conical) sonar channel), Databoxes may only be displayed within one of the Fishfinder panes. Accordingly, should you desire to additionally display depth as a numerical value, then it is recommended that the Databar be customized to display the Depth data item per my last response.
Thanks again. I'll do that with the Databar. I was hoping that I could just have a little box, since the Databar takes up so much space.

Great site!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's