Raymarine forum

Full Version: Wind transducer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a E22078 wind transducer purchased in 2012. I have had no problems with it until this season. When the system is powered on the wind speed and direction are both indicated on my i70 instruments. Randomly while underway I lose both speed and direction at the same time. All other info on the backbone reflect properly. Upon powering down and back up the wind data is reflected properly. The forum talks about one or the other but generally not both nor intermittent. The connection to the backbone is by pod. Any thoughts. If replacement is required would the can the E22079 be substituted?

Joe.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Joe,

It is recommended that the wind pod be disconnected from the spur socket connecting it to the backbone and that it then be reconnected. It is recommended that all transducer connections to the pod be disconnected and then reconnect to ensure good contact. Finally, it is then recommended that all power and ground connections to the SeaTalkng backbone be inspected from the SeaTalkng Power Cable or autopilot course computer through any circuit panels to the batteries to ensure that all connections are tight and free of corrosion. Should the problem manifest itself thereafter, then it would be recommended that the pod be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Reference URL's