Raymarine forum

Full Version: Axiom RV +600 using P58 50/200 with Y cable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Axiom RV +600 using P58 50/200 with Y cable, with rv100 straight to unit I get RV, DV, SV, and high chirp, when using A80491 Y cable I loose the high chirp and get the 50/200. When setting up a new homepage Icon it sometimes shows high chirp as a option but then either displays just a blue screen or says no longer available.

Do I loose high chirp with the p58 or do I have a bad Y cable, if a bad cable how do I get a replacement (I would really prefer a cross ship if this has to occur).

Thanks
Just found this to clear this issue up, you do loos the chirp with the Y cable

https://www.defender.com/pdf/AXIOM-RV-Systems.pdf

check the foot notes of the first configuration:

"*With this y-cable, you lose the ability to operate the conical CHIRP sonar channel on the RV-100, instead electing to see the 50/200kHz channel of the P79"
qbayle,

Thanks for providing the additional information which has since been confirmed ... CHIRP conical sonar is not supported by RV and DV transducers when an Axiom Y-Cable has been installed to additionally support use of a 50kHz / 200kHz transducer.
Reference URL's