Raymarine forum

Full Version: Upgrade from E-80 to Axiom- what will transfer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am planning on upgrading my electonics from my 2009 E-80 system . What in my old system can be used with the new Axiom?

I currently have ( and all working good)

E-80
DSM300
ST70 x10 Smartpilot
HS switch 2K radar
125 GPS
Airmar TM260 transducer
Tr-1Gold autopilot
Flowscan9000
radio with sirrius capacity
VHS
Webasto heater

I want one of the screens on the new system to show engine data and I do want to have the downscan, sidescan etc.

I guess,that I want it all.

Can you build the best system for me?

Probably use the 9 inch screen. I have a Hewescraft Ocean Pro 22 with 225 Honda and 15 HP kicker with 2 helms

I am not a do-it-your-selfer , so I will have a professional do the install.

Gary
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gary,

As Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFDs support DownVision and SideVision, I will need to know whether the new MFD will need to support RealVison 3D, as this will be the discriminating feature which will determine whether an Axiom RV MFD will need to be installed.
Yes, it will need to support RealVision 3D
Gary,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. An Axiom RV MFD with RealVision Transducer (s) would need to be installed onboard the vessel. As the Axiom MFDs are not compatible with the DSM30, DSM300, and CP300, should your system presently feature a 1kW (ex. your TM260) or 2kW transducer, then it would be recommended that the DSM300 be replaced with a CP370 sounder module. Alternatively, the transducer may be disconnected from the DSM300 and connected to an appropriate Axiom Y-Cable to support continued use of the currently installed 50kHz/200kHz transducer. Please note that Axiom MFDs will only output 600W, irrespective of whether they have been interfaced to a 600W, 1kW, or 2kW transducer ... hence the recommendation to replace the DSM300 with a CP370 should the currently installed transducer be a 1kW or 2kW transducer.
Chuck,

Thank you, very helpful.

Gary
Reference URL's