Raymarine forum

Full Version: P70, invalid command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While running out to fish on Monday. the C127 MFD gave me a couple error messages of invalid command...after looking around the P70 control head was black, tried to power back up etc. Engaged the autopilot via the MFD and it still worked. Once back in I powered everything down and tried restarting it, still black, but it beeps when you hit some of the buttons. I also disconnected the seatlkng from the back and let it sit a few minutes and same symptoms continue.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eric,

While it is possible that the p70 has suffered a failure and will need to be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced, it is also possible that the p70's backlight level has been fully reduced. To rule out the latter, power the system ON. After the system has completed startup initialization, press and release the power button and then hold the +1 button pressed for approximately ten seconds. Should doing so not restore the display's brightness, then the display will need to be serviced.
Checked my actual model and it is a p70r with rotary knob...sorry.
Eric,

The procedure to increase the p70R's backlight level is basically the same at that for the p70. You will simple need to rotate the knob clockwise for approximately 10 seconds after having pressed the display's power button.
Yeah tried that will it back... thanks.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's