Raymarine forum

Full Version: Connecting T-120/T-112 to T122 & ST6001+/S2G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully installed T-120 / T-112 wireless wind instruments, and am getting wind information on the display. I also have the T-122 unit to connect to the existing wired network. My goal is to be able to use the autopilot sailing to either magnetic or apparent wind angle courses.

What do I connect to what? What kind of wire do I need. The T122 is mounted below docks about 6' from the wind display. Thanks.

Wally McMinn
Wally,

Using an appropriate length of marine grade twisted pair signal cable, the NMEA 0183 Output + and - terminals of the TackTick T122 will be connected to the NMEA 0183 Input + and - terminals respectively.
Thanks, do I need to connect any power to the T-122, or is that taken care of thru the above two wire connections?
Wally,

Unlike some devices which feature SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 interfaces and are designed to be powered via their SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface, devices are not designed to be powered via their NMEA 0183 communications interface. Accordingly, you will additionally need to interface the T122's Power terminals to a switched 12/24VDC power circuit.
Is it ok to connect the T122 power inlets to the same 12v inputs that go to the S2G?
Yes.
Reference URL's