Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Help Installing a fuel flow sensor using a C120 Classic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to convert NMEA2000 Micro connectors to NMEA2000 Mini? I have a Seatalk2 port on my C120 Classic that I was converting to NMEA2000, the problem is the NMEA2000 connector from my fuel flow sensor is a micro connector and the NMEA2000 connector from the MFD is the bigger size (mini I believe)

Is it possible to convert one to the other?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wreckedangle,

NMEA 2000 devices are not designed to be interfaced in the manner that you have suggested. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 port of the C-Series Classic MFD may be interfaced to the spur socket of a NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components by using an A06048 SeaTalk2 to SeaTalkng Adapter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how third party devices may be interfaced to a spur socket of a NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.
This is the fuel flow meter I have: http://ww2.lowrance.com/en-GB/Products/N...en-gb.aspx

How exactly would I convert that connection to terminate at my C120 Classic?

Thanks for your help.
wreckedangle,

It is recommended that a powered and properly terminated NMEA 2000 backbone be constructed using Raymarine's SeaTalkng networking components. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to construct a simple backbone. The fuel flow sensor which you have referenced features a male DeviceNet Micro-C plug. Please see the previously referenced FAQ addressing how devices with such plugs maybe adapted to be interfaced as a spur to a backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components. The MFD's SeaTalk2 port may be interfaced as a spur to a backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components using the A06048 SeaTalk2 to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter.

Please note that Raymarine MFDs cannot calibrate third party NMEA 2000 devices. Should calibration or configuration of the third party NMEA 2000 devices be required, then such calibration will need to be performed per the third party NMEA 2000 device's instruction and may require additional hardware (display or computer interface) and/or computer software perform such calibration.
Reference URL's