Raymarine forum

Full Version: fluxgate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a SPX30 autopilot interfaced to my C80. For the most part it works great. The only issue is the heading from the fluxgate gets messed up. I doesnt align with the COG or the fluid compass. I have to re-align it every time.

Could this be a sign that the fluxgate is going bad? 5 to 10 degrees off I can live with but sometimes its over 40. All are on magnetic north.

thanks
bill
Bill,

This could indeed be an indicator that the fluxgate is failing or that the autopilot course computer is failing. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the fluxgate compass. Should testing not indicate a failure of the fluxgate compass, then it would be recommended that the autopilot course computer be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Chuck,
thanks, I will check on flexgate. If I wanted to upgrade to the evolution AP would that me compatible with my C80 and the existing linear drive that I have? Is so, would I still get all the benefits of the evolution with the older MFD?
bfiegener,

Q1. If I wanted to upgrade to the evolution AP would that me compatible with my C80 and the existing linear drive that I have? Is so, would I still get all the benefits of the evolution with the older MFD?
A1. Please click here to view your other thread in which I had addressed this question.
Reference URL's