Raymarine forum

Full Version: Upgrade C-120
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 391 Meridian with an '06 vintage C-120 MFD I would like to upgrade to perhaps an ES-128. The c-120 is connected to a B744v through hull triducer along with Raymarine autopilot and radar of same vintage. The boat is currently in Mexico and I have plans to cruise coastal waters and do a little fishing. Would someone please give me recommendation as to a replacement MFD and transducer. Also what I am up against with the autopilot and radar. Currently C-120 is not working and I would rather not spend money on old technology.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mtjack56,

Q1. Would someone please give me recommendation as to a replacement MFD and transducer.
A1. The transducer socket of the an eSX8 MFD may be interfaced to any of the CPT-S or DownVision transducers found here. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing supported depths for high CHIRP (conical) sonar and DownVision . If seeking a thru-hull transducer, then the A80350 CPT-120 (Bronze) - DownVision Thru-hull Transducer would be recommended. Should the C120 presently be interfaced to an operational DSM30 or DSM300 which has in turn been interfaced to the B744V, then you may want to consider installing the CPT-120 on the opposite side of the keel and interface to DSM30 or DSM300 to the eS128 MFD's Ethernet communications interface.

Q2. Also what I am up against with the autopilot and radar. Currently C-120 is not working and I would rather not spend money on old technology.
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ the currently installed radome or open array radar pedestal and its cable will need to be replaced. Depending upon the model of autopilot course computer installed onboard the vessel, it may be possible to adapt it via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (again per the referenced FAQ). If not, then the autopilot may be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 leads of the eSx8 MFD's Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cable.
Reference URL's