Raymarine forum

Full Version: RL80-to ARAMAR B744VL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moved a lightly used RL-80 to BluewaterSportfishing boat. It has installed a large Aramar B744vl.

What cable converter do I need to go from the Aramar to the RL-80? I also have a DSM300... What cable do I need for the DSM-to-Aramar, then fromthe DSM to the RL80? or to I punch out the finder and use one that can connect directly with the RL-80?

(I think that I need two (2) spearate cable connector conversion to make the DSM work in this system...)

Thanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum snfriends,

Please click here to view the document addressing how a DSM300 or DSM30 would be interfaced to a hsb2 Pathfinder Series MFD. As you can see from this document, Raymarine had included a R69081 4-pin to 3-Pin hsb2 adapter to permit the DSM300 or DSM30's hsb2 communications interface to be mated to a hsb cable which in turn could have been interfaced to the hsb2 termination plug within the hsb2 Pathfinder Series Display's hsb2 port. Unfortunately, this 4-pin to 3-Pin hsb2 adapter has not been available for several years, as the hsb2 Pathfinder Series Displays were retired more than ten years ago.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to positively identify the specific model of B744VL transducer which is installed onboard the vessel. While some versions of this transducer may be adapted for use with a DSM30/300, some may not.
Reference URL's