Raymarine forum

Full Version: analog ver St NG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - Installing a number of STng new Raymarine products,

I70 I60 P70 Ray260 AIS 650 RS 150 E95

Dual helm sailboat which currently has ST60's

My plan is to install a new A22111 DST800 smart transducer to connect to the I70, I have a ST70 windpod however I believe I could connect the wind vane via the analog connection versus using the wind pod. The cost of the A22111 versus a ITC converter is a wash, any advantages to using one over the other?

Questions:

are there any advantages to using the Wind pod and a STng signal versus using an analog signal to the I60 and then STng from the I60 to the Stng bus?

My plan is to use a STng to St1 converter to send all data to the ST 60 which would be repeaters.

As always many thanks
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum David,

Q1. Are there any advantages to using the Wind pod and a STng signal versus using an analog signal to the I60 and then STng from the I60 to the Stng bus?
A1. No

Note: the DST800 will not be interfaced directly to the i70S MFID. Instead, it will be interfaced to an unoccupied spur socket within the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone as will the i70S, i60, p70, EV-1, ACUxxx, Ray260, AIS650, RS150, and E95.
Reference URL's