Raymarine forum

Full Version: Upgrade E120
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking at upgrading our two 2005 e120 MFD's which are connected via Sea Talk and would like a recommendation as to what version/model is best. I have auto pilot ST8001, Tridata ST60, Wind ST60+, depth sounder and radar, all 2005 model's. Can I connect all of these older versions to the new version MFD's?
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

1) Please indicate whether the current system has fishfinding capability, or does it simply have the ability to report depth numerically.
2) E-Series Classic MFDs were compatible with radar transducers featuring an analog video interfaces and later, with radar transducers having an Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) communications interface. While I am aware that the current system features radar, please indicate whether the radar cable is plugged into the RADAR socket of one of the MFDs or has been plugged into a SeaTalkhs Network Switch, as this may assist me in positively identifying the model of radar transducer which is installed onboard your vessel.
3) Finally, please note that the ST8000 is an autopilot control head which was designed to be used with several models of autopilot course computers. Which autopilot course computer has been installed onboard your vessel?
The Smart Pilot is a S2G AST. The Screen has an option for fish and marks items below the surface, so I assume it has fish finding capabilities. the model number of the sonar is DSM300. The radar is connected directly to the MFD e120.
Reference URL's