Raymarine forum

Full Version: Raymarine E120
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a boat with an E120 Classic and I cannot get the backlight strong enough, in DAYTIME MODE to see the screen well.

Can someone help me please? I am in Curacao, Netherland Antilles so it is not easy to get stuff repaired here. This unit has been used very lightly and if I cannot get it repaired, I will need to go through a whole lot of expenses to update a fairly recent system.

I always had Raymarine products on my boats...

Please let me know what is next.
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Alphabravo2,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should you have addressed each of the items identified within the referenced FAQ, then it would appear that the MFD has suffered a failure of its backlighting circuitry (specifically components surface mounted to the circuit boards). Unfortunately, repairs to the MFD's backlighting circuitry will require that the MFD be shipped to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. At the time of this response Raymarine's Product Repair Center still had inventory of the components required to render repairs to the backlighting circuitry of E-Series Classic MFDs.
Reference URL's