Raymarine forum

Full Version: Classic C80 Memory Card Compatibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings -
I am about to upgrade my C80 that came with a 128MB Compact Flash (CF) for the Navionics charts, but Navionics states the new chart card for this unit will be a 2GB CF. Navionics also states the the C80 can read a 2GB CF card if the latest C80 firmware is installed. But to load the latest C80 firmware I need a compatible CF card. I have a 512MB CF card and a plan.

To test compatibility...

1. I assume that successfully writing and reading a way point file from the C80 to the 512MB CF card (or any CF card) signals the CF card is compatible?

2. What is the minimum CF size needed to hold the latest C80 firmware upgrade?

3. Should the CF card be formatted in a windows machine as a FAT32 or exFAT and not NTFS?

Thanks!
Dan
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing using currently manufactured Navionics chart cards with your MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing recommended memory card capacities for performing software updates. Note: from the factory CF memory cards are typically formatted with a FAT or FAT32 file system depending upon the capacity of the CF memory card. Unless a previous user of the CF memory card has reformatted the CF memory card with a NTFS file system, it should not be necessary to re-format the CF memory card to permit it to be used in performing software updates. CF memory cards used to perform software update should have a FAT file system.
Reference URL's