Raymarine forum

Full Version: E80 Classsic Software Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2008 Raymarine E80 Classic MFD with software version 5.52 installed. I am not able to upgrade to version 5.69. Per the Raymarine Tutorial “Upgrading the software in your Multifunction Display (MFD)” (http://www.raymarine.com/knowledgebase/i...iew=3776), I purchased a new blank SanDisk 128 MB CF card, reformatted it, and downloaded Version 5.69 to the card. I unzipped the downloaded file into the following two files which are now in the root directory:

Autorun.dob
E_App_Upg_Uni.pkg

When I insert this card into the MFD’s memory card reader and power up the MFD, it does not boot to the Software Upgrade Utility screen. Instead, it goes right to the normal MFD operating mode.
Although I checked the card to make sure the correct 2 files are on it, I thought that perhaps the card is corrupted or unreadable for some reason. So I purchased from a 3rd party a 256 MB CF card with the same 2 exact files already on it and could still not get the MFD to boot to the Software Upgrade Utility screen. So it’s apparently not the card. Does anyone know why the MFD is not reading the card with the software update on it?
Thanks...
raleroy,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Chuck, thanks for your reply - much appreciated.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's