Raymarine forum

Full Version: TackTick wind and two displays to an Axiom 7?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I get my TackTick system to talk to an Axiom 7? I'm thinking the Micro-Talk Wireless Gateway but someone said its Seatalkng and the Axiom series doesn't connect with Seatalkng connectors?

Thanks for any help.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Spindoctor,

The MicroTalk Gateway is indeed the component of choice for interfacing TackTick systems to products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface such as the Axiom MFDs. SeaTalkng is simply a extension of NMEA 2000 communications protocol. As such products supporting SeaTalkng communications will support NMEA 2000 communications. Like other marine electronics manufacturers, Raymarine has opted to offer its own networking components to support SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications. With the exception of the Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs, Raymarine products having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface will have a SeaTalkng socket(s). In contrast, Axiom and Axiom Pro MFDs feature a DeviceNet (M) Socket. Should one use SeaTalkng networking components in constructing the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then the Axiom MFD may be interfaced to a backbone spur socket via a SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (F) Adapter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's