Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] handset problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just got my Raymic 60 handset today for my VHF 60 v1.35. I attached the handset to the back of the unit first to test it and all I got was a pink screen. I don't know what software version it is because it does not display anything. I would think a new unit would have the proper software but anyway, what can I do to make this thing work?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sallysea,

Like most electronics products, Raymarine products are commonly sold with the latest software available at the time that the product was manufactured. When installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer, the installled Raymarine products will be updated with the latest available software prior to completion of the installation. For those installing equipment themselves, Raymarine posts software updates on its website to permit owners of Raymarine products to perform these software updates should they have a compatible Raymarine MFD. Alternatively, the products may be updated by the Raymarine dealer who sold the product (recommend calling to verify), a Certified Raymarine Installer, or Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

In the case of a RayMic to be used with a Ray60/70 VHF Radio, it is imperative that the RayMic have a version of software which is compatible with the VHF radio's version of software. As the Ray60 VHF Radio's software is not current (v1.40 is the latest version), it is recommended that it's software as well as that of the RayMic (assuming that it has not already been updated with v1.09 software ... check the box for a label identifying the RayMic's software version) be updated per the Ray60's software update web page.

Please note that software downloads are temporarily unavailable from Raymarine's website. However, downloading ability is currently expected to be restored by the end of this week.
Thank you for the response. I downloaded the new software for the VHF and the handset, I removed all other devices to be sure no interference. The VHF has bootfile 2.15 currently. I have tried multilple times to get the unit to upload the new software without success. I called a pro Raymarine installer and he said he could not make it work either on other sets and the only alternative was to ship the radio and the handset to Raymarine. If this is correct, where do I send them and how long will it take to get them updated? Do you have any other suggestions?
Sallysea,

Instructions and video addressing how to update the VHF radio's software may be found here.

When installing the software for within the Ray60/Ray70 VHF radios, the Bootloader software must be installed first. After installing the v2.16 (not v2.15) Bootloader software, the RayMic must be configured into software update mode and then the RayRay60/Ray70 VHF Radio's software may then be updated. Should problems persist in being able to update RayRay60/Ray70 VHF Radio's software, then it would typically be recommended the number of devices on the backbone be reduced to the MFD and the VHF radio, and that the software update then be attempted again. Alternatively, the VHF radio and RayMic may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be updated.
I can't put the handset in software update mode if I have a blank screen. So I will contact the repair center.
Noted. There's no need to contact the Repair Center. You need simply ship the VHF radio and RayMic along with a brief note requesting that the software within these items be updated. These items should to the address for the Repair Center which may be accessed via the link within my prior response.
Do you have any idea on turn around time?
Sallysea,

Product repair times (to include software updates) at this time are year are typically 7-10 business days.
Reference URL's