Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Upgrade question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Furuno Navpilot 511 autopilot that is using what looks like a fairly new Raymarine Type 25 linear drive on my Grand Banks 32' boat. It was installed by the prior owner. If I wanted to upgrade to a Raymarine autopilot, then would I need to replace that linear drive? Plus, what components would I need if I did not want to buy an all-in-one package?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum elmoray,

Thanks for your interest in Raymarine's Evolution autopilots. Unfortunately, Raymarine has not produced a drive unit having the name Type 25 Linear Drive. However, Raymarine has produced to linear drives having similar names. These are:
- 12V: M81131 | 24V: M81133 Type 2 Short Mechanical Linear Drive
- 12V: M81132 | 24V: M81134 Type 2 Long Mechanical Linear Drive
- 12V: E12207 | 24V: E12208 Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive

It is recommended that the drive unit's serial number plate/label be inspected to verify that the drive unit is one of those listed above. If so, then the following Evolution Autopilot packages would be recommended for powerboats and sailboats respectively which have been equipped with one of these drive units:
- T70162 EV-400 Power
- T70161 EV-400 Sail
Thanks for the welcome. Looking at the unit, I could not find any other label at least what is visible on how the unit is mounted. The label on the front of the unit says "Raymarine Type 2S" not 25.
Elmoray,

Thanks for confirming that you have a Type 2S (Short) mechanical linear drive. Given this information, the T70162 EV-400 Power would be recommended for this drive unit and a powerboat application.
Once this upgrade is done. This Grand Banks will be an all-Raymarine showcase on a classic woodie :-)
You're welcome.
Reference URL's