Raymarine forum

Full Version: NETWORKING/RADAR question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am now the proud owner of Raymarine e127 AND Raymarine e97 multifunction displays. I also purchased the CHIRP T70243. I am just a novice at installation and networking, so I need to ask a question. To properly network these two devices, I would ASSUME that I will need RayNet switch A80007. I would then (?) run my CHIRP radar cable to this switch, then run cable A62361 to each display? Where this is a wireless radar, I assume I could use the WIFI, but it would not be as quick as the wired connection?

Lastly, I am using transducer B744V, with adapter cable E66066, which plugs into the back of the display. Is there a different adapter cable that will run to the RAYNET switch so I can share the transducer? Or how would I (in layman's terms) share the transducer? What NAVIONICS Platinum+ chart would I use for the waters from Maine to say New Jersey?

MANY thanks for the help, and I am SO proud to have the latest and greatest electronics on my Carver!
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Only compatible products having an Ethernet interface may be interfaced to the network sockets of a HS5 RayNet Network Switch, SR6, or SeaTalkhs Network Switch. Fishfinder transducers do not feature an Ethernet interface and as such may not be interfaced to HS5 RayNet Network Switch, SR6, or SeaTalkhs Network Switch. Should the MFDs be interfaced via an Ethernet network, then they will share system resources, including fishfinder features as long as the MFD to which the transducer has been interfaced is Switched ON. To view fishfinder imagery, one would simply command the MFD to display the Fishfinder app and then choose the Fishfinder sounder source to be displayed with that Fishfinder application page.

As you have identified only three devices having an Ethernet interface (2 MFDs and the radome), a HS5 RayNet Network Switch would not be required unless your concept of operation would include a scenario where one of the MFDs has been switched OFF while the other remained switched ON. Should this not be the case, then the MFD's may simply be daisy chained to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable and the radome may be interfaced to either one of the MFDs via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable (also requires A80308 Quantum Radome Power Adapter Cable). Quantum radar performance should be equivalent whether interfaced via Ethernet or via Wi-Fi.

Please note that Raymarine does not produce Navionics cartography. Questions concerning which specific Navionics Platinum Plus chart card should be use for operation within the geographic area in which you will be boating should be addressed to a Navionics Dealer or Navionics Support (800-848-5896).
Reference URL's