Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] eS75 Start Up Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have started noticing issues with my eS75 during the initial start up. I am having trouble "Accepting" when on the initial warning page; if I am unable to accept the unit tries to reboot and I am unable to power down or execute any commands. It also goes to a chart display that doesn't appear to have any data. I am using both Navionics and CMap and found that if I removed the CMap chip it seems to run ok but issues are not always consistent. Sorry for my question is so convoluted
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum scsullivan,

What version of software is presently installed with the eS75 MFD?
I have v19.03-00036. I did a software check before I went offshore to the Bahamas and it indicated none was needed. The unit takes a long time to boot up and when it get to the Warning screen, it only allows me to accept a quarter of the time. If I can't ACCEPT it will often just reboot showing a "base map" generally not letting me do anything to it. I have had this eS series unit since June 2017.
scsullivan,

Please click here to view a FAQ which may address the symptoms reported. The a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs will typically complete start-up initialization within approximately one minute. In systems featuring more than one MFD, the system's Data Master MFD will typically be the last to complete start-up initialization and will typically do so within two to three minutes.

When the reported symptoms occur under the operating conditions described within the referenced FAQ, the it is recommended that the Limitations of Use disclaimer be acknowledged with the MFD's UniController, that the MFD's Touch Lock be enabled, and that the MFD's buttons / UniController then be used to operate the MFD during that session. Should MFD fail to respond when following the recommendations specified above, then it would be recommended that the MFD be switched OFF, that the chart card(s) be removed from the MFD's memory card reader, and that the MFD then be switched ON. Should the symptoms persist when no chart card(s) are present within the MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Should the MFD have been installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer and the initial warranty period not yet have expired then it would be recommended that the installer be contacted to test and if necessary send the MFD to Raymarine's Product Repair Center. Should the MFD boot up normally as I have described within this response when no chart cards are present within the MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that the chart card(s) be tested in another compatible MFD by a Raymarine dealer to fault isolate the problem to the chart card(s) or to the MFD's memory card reader. Should the MFD's memory card reader appear to be failing, then it would be recommended that the MFD be bench tested / serviced in the manner indicated above.
Reference URL's