Raymarine forum

Full Version: When to use the Data Sources feature of a MFD, i70 MFID, or p70/p70R?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When to use the Data Sources feature of a MFD, i70 MFID, or p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head?

While more than one source of any of the below listed items may be present within a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 network of Raymarine i70/i70S MFIDs, p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head, and/or Raymarine MFDs running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software, only one source will be used by the Raymarine system for the data sources listed below.
- GPS
- GPS Datum
- Time & Date
- Heading
- Depth
- Speed
- Wind

Accordingly, Raymarine MFDs support data source selection, via the Data Sources feature, for any of the data sources listed above. Should more than one source of the above listed data items be present within the system and should the Data Sources feature have not been exercised to designate which one(s) will be used, then system performance may be adversely affected. As an example, should more than one source of GPS data be present within the system and the Data Sources feature not have been used to designate which GPS data source will be used by the system, then the system may periodically display an alert dialog specifying No GPS FIX and/or AIS Connection Lost.

Once configured, the Data cells with instruments, within a MFD's Data application panels, sidebar, and overlays will be populated based upon the designation(s) performed within the Data Sources feature. The single exception to this is within the MFD's Fishfinder application panels ... these will always display depth determined by the selected fishfinder sonar channel.

In systems having only one data source for each of the above listed items, the MFD's Data Sources feature need not and should not be executed. However, should more than one data source exist within the system for any one of the above data sources, then the Data Sources feature of the MFD, i70/i70S MFID, or p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head will need to be executed to designate which source of data will be used for any of the above listed items for which more than one source is present within the system. The data source(s) designated by the Data Sources feature will be utilized by all Raymarine products within the system, and cause the system to ignore other sources of the items listed above.

RAYFAQ#
Reference URL's