Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] upgrading to AxiomPro 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be upgrade a system on a 43 ft. sailboat in May. (see attached system drawing)I will be replacing the two e95 units in the drawing. One item that is not shown in the drawing is the e95 at the helm is connect to a 30 inch flat screen below using the e95 video out connection.
I have several question:
1. Does the Axiom Pro support the SR100 weather only black boxes?
2. Does the Axiom Pro support the Fusion 750 radio connected to the Ethernet network?
3. What is the part number for the devicenet to Seatalkng cable that will connect to the AxiomPro to the Seatalkng 5 way.
4. Does the Navionic chip have to be installed in the master or can it be in the slave unit?
5. Does the wifi to HDMI ( Miracast) feature have to be setup on the master or can this be setup on the slave. The reason for this question is because the slave is down below about 10 feet from the TV.

Please review the drawing attached to identify any items that may not be support at this time or in the future. I am hopeful that dropping the AxiomPro 9 units into this system will all just work.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum George,

Q1. Does the Axiom Pro support the SR100 weather only black boxes?
A1. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. Does the Axiom Pro support the Fusion 750 radio connected to the Ethernet network?
A2. Negative. MFDs running LightHouse 3 software must be interfaced to compatible Fusion or Rockford Fosgate stereo systems via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone

Q3. What is the part number for the devicenet to Seatalkng cable that will connect to the AxiomPro to the Seatalkng 5 way.
A3. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q4. Does the Navionic chip have to be installed in the master or can it be in the slave unit?
A4. The Navionics chart card may be inserted into any MFD which is has been switched ON within the system.

Q5. Does the wifi to HDMI ( Miracast) feature have to be setup on the master or can this be setup on the slave. The reason for this question is because the slave is down below about 10 feet from the TV.
A5. Any one of the MFDs may be configured to cast its screen image to the Miracast device which will be interfaced to the TV.

Q6. Please review the drawing attached to identify any items that may not be support at this time or in the future. I am hopeful that dropping the AxiomPro 9 units into this system will all just work.
A6. Should you be replacing the currently installed e95 MFDs, then the currently installed MFD Power/NMEA 0183/Video Input Cables and RayNet cable may be left in place for use with the Axiom Pro MFDs. Rather than daisychaining the i50 & i60 instruments as shown within your diagram, please click here to view a FAQ addressing best practices for interfacing devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface within binnacle pods.
I will be replacing the SR100 with the new SR150. The SR100 used the old style Ethernet cable. I will need an adapter to connect the Ethernet cable to the new SR150 which uses the Raynet style. The old cable runs back to an old style network switch which I will not be replacing. I am assuming I will not need a crossover adapter.

The system has two e95 displays that I will be replacing with Atom Pro 9 S units. Do I have to set one as master and the other as slave like I did with the e95 setup? Does Raymarine recommend connect only one display to the STng (NMEA2000) network or do I connect each display.

Thanks
George,

Q1. I will be replacing the SR100 with the new SR150. The SR100 used the old style Ethernet cable. I will need an adapter to connect the Ethernet cable to the new SR150 which uses the Raynet style. The old cable runs back to an old style network switch which I will not be replacing. I am assuming I will not need a crossover adapter.
A1. No crossover coupler will be required. Raymarine offers the A80160 400mm SeaTalkhs (F) to RayNet (F) adapter for such purposes.

Q2a. The system has two e95 displays that I will be replacing with Atom Pro 9 S units. Do I have to set one as master and the other as slave like I did with the e95 setup?
A2a. Yes.

Q2b. Does Raymarine recommend connect only one display to the STng (NMEA2000) network or do I connect each display.
A2b. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Can the master display power down the slave display when you power the master off?

After I install the new Axiom Pro displays do I have to re-calibrate the autopilot? I will assume I will not because the autopilot has all its calibration values in the pilot.

Thanks
George
George,

Q1. Can the master display power down the slave display when you power the master off?
A1. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ including information on the last power state memory feature of Raymarine products.

Q2. After I install the new Axiom Pro displays do I have to re-calibrate the autopilot? I will assume I will not because the autopilot has all its calibration values in the pilot.
A2. It is not necessary to update an autopilot's software after having updated the software within a MFD. However, should an autopilot's software be updated, then it would be recommended that a Pilot Factory Reset, Dockside Wizard, and then calibration cruise be performed. As software updates included with the Axiom / Axiom Pro MFD software updated compressed folder downloads, care should be taken to fully examine the MFD's software update dialogs when performing MFD software updates to ensure that only those products which for one desires an update to be performed have been selected (note: the MFD's software update dialogs permit one to deselect updates to products which one does not desire to update).
Reference URL's