Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Data transfer to/from a C140W
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a used C140W and also the Navionics charts for my area. Both seem to work well.

Does anyone have any experience with using Raytech navigator (version 6.2) For planning only. I would like to be able to create and save routes on the Raytech software (installed on a win7 PC) and somehow transfer them to the MFD. The trick would seem to be getting my purchased chart card to work with the Raytech software so I could actually make routes that were accurate. The "base" charts on Raytech navigator are not detailed enough to create good routes.

The Navionics chart card came with a USB to Compact flash adapter. I am able in Raytech navigator to export to C-E series format, which would seem to be what I need. My guess is that I would just need a blank CF card and copy the file(s) to that and then import Them into the MFD.

I have searched for similar issues, but most of the answers were not applicable to what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,

Dave Fenoff
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dave,

When the E86026 Navionics Multicard Reader had been available many years ago, RayTech Planner 6.2 had been the tool which one would have used for planning waypoints and routes for Raymarine MFDs and chartplotters. Unfortunately, the E86026 is no longer available and the CF memory card readers since supplied with Navionics chart cards are not compatible with RayTech Planner / RNS software. Raymarine Voyage Planner PC software has replaced RayTech Planner, not only for currently manufactured MFDs, but also for prior generations of Raymarine MFDs (excluding hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays). Raymarine Voyage Planner should be capable of installing charts from Navionics chart cards featuring Navionics' ntag file encryption (introduced in the 2009 - 2010 time frame). Raymarine Voyage Planner also supports the Archive.FSH data file format required for transferring waypoint/route data via a CF memory card to A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs and C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs.
Reference URL's