Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] More than one Nav DB card in a Networked E80/E120 System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, curious question. I've got an installation with dual E120's, networked with a DSM300 and Raymarine HS switch. I typically have the master plotter running with a Navionics DB card. I recently found that if the card or data is corrupted, weird system behaviors can result.

So I'm wondering, I have a spare card with older fixed nav data for my area. Is it better to stow it in the slave plotter's card slot or stow the card on board and keep in reserve in case of a primary card failure?

All the best,

Lothar
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Lothar,

A prudent mariner will maintain the vessel with charts and publications (both paper and electronic) which are current (i.e. updated from USCG Local Notice to Mariners and electronic updates from the cartography manufacturer (ex. Navionics, C-Map, LightHouse, etc.). Accordingly, it would be recommended that problematic chart card be replaced and that the older chart be stored onboard (outside of the MFD) until such time that it may ever needed. Caution should be exercised when using older cartography, as may not accurately reflect navaids and hazards to navigation.
Thanks Chuck.
You're welcome.
Reference URL's