Raymarine forum

Full Version: MFD, i50/i60/i70, and Dragonfly last power state memory feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MFD, i50/i60/i70, and Dragonfly last power state memory feature

NOTE: Should a MFD be running LightHouse II or LightHouse 3 software, be using Navionics cartography, and should the Chart application's Navionics Sonar Logging feature be configured ON (this is the default setting), then it is recommended that the MFD's Power button / swipe be used exclusively to control the power state of the MFD. This same recommendation applies to Dragonfly fishfinder/chartplotters as well. Failure to heed this recommendation may result in corruption of the Navionics chart card’s contents should the MFD or Dragonfly display be writing data (i.e. sonar logs) to the chart card at the time that the circuit supplying power to the product is de-energized. Similar corruption may occur if the Navionics chart card is removed from the product's memory card reader without having first used the MFD or Dragonfly display's EJECT CARD feature. Accordingly, should one desire to utilize the MFD or Dragonfly display's last power state memory feature, then it would be recommended that the Navionics Sonar Logging feature be configured OFF prior to de-energizing the circuit supplying the product or that the Navionics Sonar Logging feature not be used. Once configured OFF, the Navionics Sonar Logging feature will remain OFF until the feature has been configured ON by the user or a Settings Reset / Factory Reset has been commanded. Should one's Navionics chart card's contents become corrupted, it is recommended that Navionics Customer Support (508-291-6000) be contacted for assistance in restoring the Navionics chart card's contents.

RAYFAQ#
Reference URL's