Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Help With Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a new Boston Whaler 250 Outrage on the horizon, we have decided to go with a dual screen setup (Axiom Pro RVX 12" accompanied by an Axiom pro S "Dual Screen") 24" HD Color Radome and a ray 260 modular VHF. This boat has a lot of electrical systems in addition to the aforementioned electronics but only two batteries. My question is will those 2 batteries be enough to run all of these electronics simultaneously or will 1 or 2 additional batteries need to be added to feel comfortable with the setup when out on the open ocean.

Additionally I have a few questions about adding Navionics cards to these displays.

is it possible to add a charting card along with a fishing hot spots card and run them simultaneously with each other? i.e. overlay the fishing spots on the Navionics chart?

Thank You,

wmp
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wmp,

Q1. With a new Boston Whaler 250 Outrage on the horizon, we have decided to go with a dual screen setup (Axiom Pro RVX 12" accompanied by an Axiom pro S "Dual Screen") 24" HD Color Radome and a ray 260 modular VHF. This boat has a lot of electrical systems in addition to the aforementioned electronics but only two batteries. My question is will those 2 batteries be enough to run all of these electronics simultaneously or will 1 or 2 additional batteries need to be added to feel comfortable with the setup when out on the open ocean.
A1. With the understanding the one battery will typically be dedicated to the engines for starting, it would typically be recommended that a pair of house batteries be installed onboard should space permit. I run three group 29 batteries onboard my own boat in conjunction with Blue Sea System's Add a Battery Kit. This alternative to a common 2-battery switch has the following advantage:
- permits both batteries to be charged with simplified switching
- isolates engine and house circuits
----- prevents current surges and insufficient current to marine electronics when starting engines
----- prevents house electronics from drawing down starting battery
- combines batteries for emergency starting

Q2. is it possible to add a charting card along with a fishing hot spots card and run them simultaneously with each other? i.e. overlay the fishing spots on the Navionics chart?
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The only fishing hotspots cartography currently supported by MFDs running LightHouse II and LightHouse 3 software is the FISHING HOT SPOTS PRO series of LightHouse formatted charts sold via Raymarine's Charts Store.
Reference URL's