Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Networked Axiom's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the set up
2 AX 9's at the helm, 1 Ax 7 at the stern, Quantum radar, & Evo 200 AP.
All 3 Ax's & radar are networked via Raynet RS5.
One of the 9's at the helm is assigned as the data master. The DM is connected to the RV100 transducer & also to the Sea-talkNG network with the AP.

Here is the issue.
The AX 7 at the stern is not able to control the AP and is not seeing the sonar. When I slide from the left side of the screen the only option is Data.
Not Data 1,2 & AP like the other 2 MFD's. However it is seeing the other MFD's when you go to settings/network.

I swapped the A7 & secondary A9 to see if it was possibly a network wire issue. The A9 was fully functional at the stern and when I moved the A7 to the helm the issue remained with that unit.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Welcome back to the Raymarine Fourm Rookie Fisherman,

It is recommended that you verify that each Axiom MFD within your system has been updated with the latest available LightHouse 3 software update for Axiom MFDs (v3.4.66 at the time of this response) and if not, update the software within the MFD(s). If operating with the latest available software, then it would appear that the Axiom 7 has suffered a failure of its Ethernet communications circuitry. If the MFD was purchased within the last 30 days, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to your Raymarine dealer to be replaced. If purchased more than 30 days ago, the MFD should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Hey Chuck,

Thank you for the prompt response! The AX 7 had a different software version. Updated all components in the network to the latest version. Everything appears to be as it should now! On a side note. Being able to update the software via Wifi is awesome. Not something was able to do on my last boat.

Thank you again!
You're welcome.
Reference URL's