Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Airmar UST800 experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone installed an Airmar UST800 Ultrasonic Smart Sensor on their boat? I currently have a e125 MFD with multiple I70s. My current knot meter is an Airmar ST800, which is connected to an iTC-5.

Questions:
1) Does the UST800 really fits perfectly in the ST800 housing without leaks?

2) Should I just connect the UST800 directly to the SeaTalk network, skipping the iTC-5?

3) Will the I70s just work and recognize the new transducer?

Any other issues (other than price)?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum primemeridian,

Q1) Does the UST800 really fits perfectly in the ST800 housing without leaks?
A1) The UST800 is not a Raymarine product ... it is manufactured by Airmar, Inc., as is the ST800 housing. It is recommended this question be addressed to Airmar, Inc. ((603) 673-9570).

Q2) Should I just connect the UST800 directly to the SeaTalk network, skipping the iTC-5?
A2) The processor box of the UST800 features a NMEA 2000 communications interface and as such, would simply be interfaced as a spur to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q3) Will the I70s just work and recognize the new transducer?
A3) The i70/i70S will simply repeat data from the UST800. The i70/i70S does not support speed or temperature calibration of this transducer.
Thanks. I will report back when I know how it goes.
Eric
You're welcome.
Reference URL's