Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Axiom 9 to Ray 50, connections needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Axiom 9 and just got a Ray50 VHF.

Now I want to network them to share the GPS.

My parts list:

Two nmea 2000 T's
Two termination ends
One A06045 Adapter cable to convert the SeaTalkNG cable on the Ray50 to nmea 2000

The power/network cable on the Axiom is already 2000?

Please correct me!
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bruce,

It is recommended that NMEA 2000 backbones be constructed from NMEA 2000 networking components from a single manufacturer. Raymarine offers NMEA 2000 networking adapters to permit third party devices to be interfaced as spurs to a NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from Raymarine SeaTalkng Networking components.

The Axiom 9 MFD and Ray50 MFD will each be interfaced as an individual spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. For the benefit of you and others who may be viewing this thread, please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to construct a simple backbone. As the NMEA 2000 port of the Ray50 has been terminated with a SeaTalkng spur socket, the VHF radio's spur socket may be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone by using an appropriate length of SeaTalkng spur cable. As the NMEA 2000 port of Axiom MFDs have been terminated with a DeviceNet Micro-C (M), plug, a A06075 39.4in (1.0m) DeviceNet Female to SeaTalkng Spur Adapter may be used to mate the MFD's NMEA 2000 socket to a spur socket within the backbone.
Reference URL's