Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA] Wi Fish app with Wi-Fish system issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a Wi Fish depth finder and router working with an iPhone or iPad Raymarine Wi Fish app. After a lengthy sync, I get depth and temp, but when I try to set my transducer depth, the app quits. After starting it and getting a sync, the transducer depth setting reverts to zero. I re-downloaded the Wi Fish app today, am running the most recent IOS and just re-installed the 2016 Wi Fish software again.

I also notice the sync between iPad or iPhone takes anywhere from a minute to five minutes. I've checked to ensure Wi Fish is the only app running.

Cheers!
Brian
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brian,

We have been unable to duplicate the reported issue when running the Wi-Fish app on our iPad. Please verify that your Wi-Fish hardware has been updated with v15.5 Wi-Fish software using the Wi-Fish app's About feature. Please additionally verify that the Wi-Fish is located where it's Wi-Fi signal strength will not be reduced by surrounding structures and objects. If not, or should the Wi-Fish had previously functioned in its currently installed location, then it would be recommended that the Wi-Fish be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
The Wi-Fish app software is version 0.4.49 and the Wi-Fish hardware is running software version 15.5. My iPad is running iOS 9.3.5.

Today with the app synced to the hardware, I enter the Settings menu, then click on "Transducer depth", dialed in the 1 ft depth leaving the inch dial at zero, switch to "Below waterline" and hit the "< Settings" button and that's where the app quits. There are no other apps running and this iPad is the only thing talking to the Wi-fish hardware.

I've also tried it on my iPhone 7SE with iOS 11.3.1 and Wi-fish App v0.4.49, following the same steps above, the app quits in the same spot. Again, no other apps running on the iPhone and I ensured the iPhone was the only thing talking to the Wi-Fish hardware.

Forgot to mention the iPad or iPhone sit less than a foot from the Wi-Fish router with no obstructions.

Cheers!
Brian
Brian,

Please see my earlier response recommending that the Wi-Fish be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center.
Reference URL's