Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] C70 to Axiom 9 Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sounds like its cheaper and easier to just install a Raymarine RS150 GPS Sensor. There is no roof/top to the boat, It is open. My GPS speedometer works ok. When I had the Second Axiom outside the panel it was able to connect to the GPS no problem. So it must be a problem with something in the panel interfering.
You're welcome.
The GPS is already spliced into a 3-pin SeaTalk1 wire that was connected to the C70.

Do I need to just add a D244 SeaTalk Junction block and another SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter ? Plug the yellow wire from converter into the Junction box and the new Converter ?

Leave the VHF plugged into the the current converter as it is now ?

Do I need to change any settings on the Axiom so the GPS works properly with the VHF ?

Thanks again,
Brad
Brad,

Q1. Do I need to just add a D244 SeaTalk Junction block and another SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng converter ?
A1. These two items and an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to connect one of the backbone sockets of the second SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to one of the backbone sockets of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter included with the VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit.

Q2. Plug the yellow wire from converter into the Junction box and the new Converter?
A2. Plug the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable (yellow plug on one end and molded press-fit 3-pin plug on the cable's other end) into the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and into the D244 SeaTalk Junction Block

Q3. Leave the VHF plugged into the the current converter as it is now ?
A3. Yes.

Q4. Do I need to change any settings on the Axiom so the GPS works properly with the VHF ?
A4. Negative.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's