Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Using proAIS2 with AIS500 transceiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chuck,

When I was on the boat yesterday, I made sure that none of the Raymarine units were powered on. Then I connected my laptop to the AIS500 unit with my USB to RS232 cable.

Do I also need to make sure that the AIS unit is NOT connected to any other Raymarine units, even if they are powered off? I just want to be clear about your last post.

Thank you,

David
David,

Q. Do I also need to make sure that the AIS unit is NOT connected to any other Raymarine units, even if they are powered off?
A. It should typically be sufficient to ensure that the other devices have been switched off. That said, it can't hurt to disconnect the other device's NMEA 0183 plug.
OK - thanks Chuck, I'll try again this weekend.

David
You're welcome.
Chuck, I did finally get this to work, and figured I'd pass along the steps I followed:

1 Download and use ProAIS
2 Connect laptop to the AIS transceiver, using an RS232 to USB cable - make sure the AIS unit and laptop are turned off
3 Turn on the laptop
4 Start the ProAIS app
5 Click "connect" - and error message will indicate it can not find the AIS unit
6 Turn Raymarine AIS unit on
7 Click "Connect", and the ProAIS application will find the AIS unit
8 Change data and save

While it might be different for others, this exact sequence worked for em.
Noted.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's