Raymarine forum

Full Version: ST60+ MOB event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We currently have one e125 connected to four ST60+ Graphic instruments as well as a LifeTag system.
When testing the LifeTag system, all instruments and MFD behave as expected, displaying MOB alarm and course to MOB.
When clearing the alarm on either the MFD or from the LifeTag, the ST60+ instruments do not clear and continue to display MOB alarm.
Only operational button on the instruments is far left “Chapter” button which resets the individual instrument to the Position Page.
Shouldn’t clearing the MFD and/or LifeTag MOB event also clear the instruments?
How is the e125 MFD connected to the ST60+ Graphic and Life Tag system? Through a Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter?
The instruments, LifeTag, and MFD are connected through a Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter.
Because of the converter, you will need to clear on both the Life Tag and the MFD, because they are on both sides of the converter. Once the MFD is activated with a MOB from the Life Tag you will need to turn off there, and if the alarm is coming from the Life Tag it will need to be turned off there as well because it is putting the alarm out on Seatalk bus. The ST60+ instrument is only reacting to the information available on Seatalk bus and if you turn off at the MFD, the Life Tag is still putting the alarm data out on Seatalk, and if you turn off on the Life Tag, the MFD will put alarm on Seatalk from the other side of the converter. Hope how I explained this makes sense.
I tried this method. I also alternated the order of which I cancelled first from either the Lifetag then the MFD. In both instances, the actual alarm is cancelled but the instrumentation (ST60+) does not clear. Please see attached picture after alarm was cancelled from the LifeTag.
Can you provide a wiring diagram of the system (handwritten will work), this is sounding like a data loop issue with the wiring. Which will cause the information to come in from another interface which doesn't allow you to silence an alarm, because it is being back feed to the system.
Attached is our electronics diagram
I've looked at the diagram provided. I would need more specific detail of the Seatalk NG backbone, you are showing 5 STNG devices to the single Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter. You also have too many Seatalk devices daisy chained to the converter, the max is 5 devices per converter, this could effect data transfer. Also what is the course computer in the ST6000+ autopilot? The ST6000+ is just the control head in the system.
Reference URL's