Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] New equipment information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am look at installing the Axiom or Axiom pro with real vision 3D,down vision, chirp sonar and side scan on my Hewes Craft 210 sea runner.
Talking to couple different dealers I am getting mixed directions and information.
Will be fishing in 600 feet or less. Trolling for salmon, Jigging for cod and halibut along with prawn and crab trap location placement.

1. Is an additional Sonar module require with the Axiom to make these functions work properly? Allowing the system to show more than one system at a time? eg split screens and WIFI app used at same time showing real vision 3D,down vision, chirp sonar and side scan ?

2.What transducers would you recommend for all these feature to work the best in these depths.

3. Can the sonar frequency be adjusted or is it fixed? eg:50HZ or 200HZ.

Any information to put me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Lance.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lance,

Q1a. Is an additional Sonar module require with the Axiom to make these functions work properly?
A1a. Should an Axiom RV MFD or Axiom RVX MFD and RealVision transducer be installed, then this combination should support RealVision 3D, DownVision, SideVision, and high CHIRP conical sonar operation within the depths/ranges specified within the FAQ found here. In the case of smaller planing hulls, it may be desirable to additionally install a CP370 compatible 600W 50kHz / 200kHz transducer should problems be encountered in maintaining bottom contact via the CHIRP sonar channel when operating at planning speeds.

Q1b. Allowing the system to show more than one system at a time? eg split screens and WIFI app used at same time showing real vision 3D,down vision, chirp sonar and side scan ?
A1b. Please be more specific about what you have described as Wi-Fi app ... are you referring to Raymarine's Mobile Apps or running an App such as Spotify, Theyr, or Netflix. If referring to the latter, then execution of the app will cause the app to occupy the entire screen of the MFD.

Q2. What transducers would you recommend for all these feature to work the best in these depths.
A2. See the response to Q1. If seeking the additional thru-hull 600W 50kHz /200kHz transducer, then on having a housing which is constructed from stainless or plastic should be selected.

Q3. Can the sonar frequency be adjusted or is it fixed? eg:50HZ or 200HZ.
A3. Frequencies associated with the RealVision transducers cannot be adjusted. Should a 600W 50kHz /200kHz transducer additionally be installed, then either frequency or both may be selected.
Thank you for the information. It is a great help.

Just couple answers and questions on answers.

AQ1b 1.Yes I would be using the Raymarine APP on Ipad, IPhones or tablets. Do not plan on anything else at this time.

Question on Q3A3: You stated,"it may be desirable to additionally install a CP370 compatible 600W 50kHz / 200kHz transducer".

I believe the one I would be looking at is the P66 transom mount transducer? I believe this would also give me water speed and the ability to adjust sonar frequencies?
Would this plug directly into the Axiom Pro RVX along with the RV-100 or would the CP370 be require or other networking hardware?

Lance.
Lance,

Q1 1.Yes I would be using the Raymarine APP on Ipad, IPhones or tablets. Do not plan on anything else at this time.
A1. Noted.

Q2a. You stated,"it may be desirable to additionally install a CP370 compatible 600W 50kHz / 200kHz transducer". I believe the one I would be looking at is the P66 transom mount transducer?
A2a. If seeking to use a P66 transducer, then please note that Raymarine offers more than one version of this transducer. In this case, the E66054 P66 should be used. The specified P66 transducer would then be adapted to be mated to the MFD's 1kW Transducer socket by using the A80496 Transducer Adapter Cable

Q2b. I believe this would also give me water speed and the ability to adjust sonar frequencies?
A2b. Indeed, both water temperature and speed through water would then be available to the system, as well the ability to select between 50kHz and 200kHz frequencies would be supported when interfaced to the P66 transducer.

Q2c. Would this plug directly into the Axiom Pro RVX along with the RV-100 or would the CP370 be require or other networking hardware?
A2c. See the response to Q2a ... no CP370 is required.
Wow this is just great information and support.

I was going back and fourth on brands but with support and information like this I know what direction I am going.

Q1.Is there a different transom mount transducer other than the P66 that will give me speed over water, Temperature as well the ability to select between 50kHz and 200kHz frequencies or more frequencies options. That can be used along with the RV-100 and can be directly connected to the AXIOM RVX Pro that you would recommend or I should consider.
All fishing less than 600 feet. Lots of 300 feet or less.

Q2. If I put in a NEMA starter kit (not sure on number) would this give me more options on the second transom mount transducer.
I have been told that I might need for remote RS150 GPS ANTENNA and thinking of engine networking in future. So if helps might be better to initially to do.

Thanks for all the information Chuck. Again this is so help full and great.
Lance,

Q1. Is there a different transom mount transducer other than the P66 that will give me speed over water, Temperature as well the ability to select between 50kHz and 200kHz frequencies or more frequencies options. That can be used along with the RV-100 and can be directly connected to the AXIOM RVX Pro that you would recommend or I should consider. All fishing less than 600 feet. Lots of 300 feet or less.
A1. The P66 is the only compatible transom mounted 50kHz/200kHz / speed / temperature fishfinder transducer offered by Raymarine for use with the Axiom Pro RVX MFDs.

Q2. If I put in a NEMA starter kit (not sure on number) would this give me more options on the second transom mount transducer.
A2. While able to supply the system with depth, STW, and water temperature data, instrument transducers will not support a MFD's fishfinder features. Raymarine offers the E26028-pz P66 200kHz analog instrument depth/speed/temperature transducer. However, installation of this transducer would additionally require that a an i50 Tridata Instrument Display or iTC-5 w/i70S Mulitifunction Instrument Display be installed. From the standpoint of simplicity and cost, installing the previously specified E66054 P66 fishfinder transducer would typically be advised.

Q3. I have been told that I might need for remote RS150 GPS ANTENNA and thinking of engine networking in future. So if helps might be better to initially to do.
A3. This information would not affect the answer provided to Q2, as the cost of either of the two options provided will likely be greater than installation of the aforementioned E66054 P66 fishfinder transducer.
Chuck,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am a little lost in this transducer thing and all the differences.

Q1.I take it that the E66054 P66 fishfinder transducer you are recommending is NOT an AIRMIR Embedded ( aSeries style) transducer Then.
Just asking as I found in The Thread from "Which transducers may be mated directly to the Axiom Pro S MFDs & Axiom Pro RVX MFDs?" Dated 04-16-18, that "AIRMIR Embedded ( aSeries style) transducer do not work with the AXIOM PRO RVX."

Thank you,
Lance
Lance,

Q1. I take it that the E66054 P66 fishfinder transducer you are recommending is NOT an AIRMIR Embedded ( aSeries style) transducer.
A1. Correct
Chuck,
Thank you,

I have been looking at Radar options.

The Quantum Q24C Radome, Quantum Q24W 18, Quantum 2 Q24D (Doppler) and RD418HD

Will all the features of these radars work with and Plug directly into the Axiom Pro 9 RVX? I know the Wi-Fi will connect.
Or is a Networking system needed?

The Boat has 4 Rocket launcher rod holders located on the rear top of the roof that will have rods standing up in them when travelling. Will that interfere with the image return?

Does being networked or Wi-Fi connected have any advantages over one and another? Other than having to run a cable or not.

Does the Quantum 2 Q24D (Doppler) have WI-FI. It says on the Raymarine web page "Quantum 2 with Doppler can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD." But I cannot find an ordering option for WI-FI.

Lance.
Lance,

Q1. Will all the features of these radars work with and Plug directly into the Axiom Pro 9 RVX? I know the Wi-Fi will connect. Or is a Networking system needed?
A1. The Axiom Pro MFDs feature two Ethernet communications sockets, permitting up to two compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface to be interfaced to the MFD without need for installing a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Quantum Data cables or Digital Radar Cables terminated with a RayNet (F) plug are designed to be directly mated the MFD's Ethernet socket.

Q2. The Boat has 4 Rocket launcher rod holders located on the rear top of the roof that will have rods standing up in them when travelling. Will that interfere with the image return?
A2. Not typically. However, you may want to consider installation of a radar mount to raise the radome above the height of the rocket launchers.

Q3. Does being networked or Wi-Fi connected have any advantages over one and another? Other than having to run a cable or not.
A3. Negative.

Q4. Does the Quantum 2 Q24D (Doppler) have WI-FI. It says on the Raymarine web page "Quantum 2 with Doppler can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD." But I cannot find an ordering option for WI-FI.
A4. Unlike the Quantum radome which is offered in a variant which includes both a wired communications interface with a Wi-Fi communications interface and a Wi-Fi only variant, the Quantum 2 Q24D is exclusively manufactured with wired communications interface with a Wi-Fi communications interface ... hence there is only one model of Quantum Q24D offered.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's