Raymarine forum

Full Version: Mount for P70R
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone come across a mount for the P70R? The only thing I have found so far is the very pricey NavPod option. I just want a cradle style mount for my P70R controller. Flush mounting on the dash is not possible due to space constraints. Even though there is enough space in a few spots, it would just be too ungainly to try and reach the unit, as I would have to almost reach around the wheel. I want to put it in a cradle just to the left of the helm so it will be easily reachable. The only option I can come up with is building a small little box to mount it in and then mount that to dash.

I'm attaching a picture of where I intend to place the unit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://forum.raymarine.com/attachment.php?aid=162
There is nothing currently available for bracket mount options, but you might want to look online for a bracket mount for the old ST60 instruments that might be able to be fabricated to work with the p70/R control heads.
The only thing I've been able to find so far is a mount for the ST60, which is more of a rectangular shape.
I've mounted one with a RAM mount before, it looked amazing. I don't know the model unfotrunately, but I dare say it was meant for products like this. It had the usual ball ends for the angle adjustment and the part that attached to the P70R was a square with [censored] spaces that perfectly lined up with the mount holes of the P70R and there was a hold cutout in the center that again, looked like it was meant to be there. If I can locate pictures of it, I will follow up later.
Part number for the older ST60 bracket mount was E25009.
(04-13-16 04:00 PM)Steve - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote: [ -> ]Part number for the older ST60 bracket mount was E25009.

I have the same problem. Will the p70 control head fit on the ST60 bracket mount (E25009)? Is it still available for purchase?
Thanks.
(04-13-16 01:58 PM)Seacom Wrote: [ -> ]I've mounted one with a RAM mount before, it looked amazing. I don't know the model unfotrunately, but I dare say it was meant for products like this. It had the usual ball ends for the angle adjustment and the part that attached to the P70R was a square with [censored] spaces that perfectly lined up with the mount holes of the P70R and there was a hold cutout in the center that again, looked like it was meant to be there. If I can locate pictures of it, I will follow up later.

I spoke to Ram mount customer service. They could not locate a product that matched. I might have to fabricate something. If you can find more info, it will be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
The E25009 is no longer available, it's discontinued, but I searched online and found a couple available there.
Reference URL's