Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] NMEA 0183 output RL80C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an RL80C networked by sea talk and HSB2 with a depth sounder, ST5000 autopilot etc.

I have fitted a repeater that can read NMEA 0183 sentences from the NMEA out of the RL80C.
The repeater requires the entire sentence including the talker ID. When I program it to look for sentences with the EC talker ID I can read navigation data such us heading and distance to waypoint etc. but none of the data relayed from the sounder such as SOG, sea water temp, depth etc.
If I use the ID "SD" for the sounder I still don't see this.
I have all the sentences turned on in the RL80C menu, so why cant I see the data?
Does the RL80C pass the sounder data through with another talker ID or use its own?
What ID do I need for the sentences?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum firepro,

Unfortunately, support for this long retired product is now becoming a bit limited. The diagnostics features of the hsb/hsb2/Pathfinder Series Displays may be used to determine not only which NMEA 0183 sentences are being transmitted by the display, but also which NMEA 0183 Talker IDs are being included within each sentence. The command sequence to view the display's NMEA 0183 transmit buffer is listed below.
- Select the Chart application by pressing the DISPLAY button until a page listing the Chart application has been selected
- Press the ENTER button
- Press the MENU button
- Press the Chart Set-up function button
- Press and hold the ENTER button pressed until the communications diagnostics function button labels (BUILT IN TEST, SEATALK DATA, NMEA DATA, EOL TEST)
- Press the NMEA DATA function button
- Examine the Transmitted Data column of the displayed NMEA 0183 input and output buffers
Reference URL's