Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] New Equipment (Refit)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of refitting/upfitting my sailboat. The old system was RL80C, ST60 wind, ST60+ depth, ST7000 autopilot, ST600R remote. My wife is not tech savvy and very new to sailing so it was suggested that I go with the Garmin 7600xsv plotter for ease of use and the GMR fantom radar. But I kept Raymarine for everything else. I got the i50 speed, i50 depth, i60 wind and EV400 autopilot. I am ordering the AIS650 now and I want to check that everything is compatible and will work together efficiently before I install any of it. How much "info" will I use since Garmin uses NMEA2000 and Raymarine uses SeatalkNG?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum smdickens,

Each of the new Raymarine products which you have identified support NMEA 2000 communications. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how Raymarine and third party products supporting NMEA 2000 communication may be interfaced to a common NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components.
Reference URL's