Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom Rockford Fosgate Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Axiom 9 MFD at the helm and then a Rockford Fosgate PMX-5Can located about 10 feet away in the cabin. I followed the instructions on several other FAQ and threads about networking. I have the Sea talk back bone set up and the Axiom connected to the back bone and powered at the helm. I have the pmx-can connected to the source unit. I have a 16 foot spur cable running from backbone to the location of the source unit in the cabin. What I do not have is the adapter to go from Seatalking to NMEA 2000. In the Faq is says to get the A06045 or A06075 which has the NMEA 2000 on one end and a female sea talking on the other end that i assume would go in the backbone which is 10 feet away . Is there an adapter to go from A06045 to the Seatalking cable or do i have to put a whole other backbone in the cabin by the source unit?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum petdoc,

Please note that the maximum total length of the cable used to create a spur (including that supplied with the product) should not exceed 6m (18'). Accordingly, should the cable routing distance exceed this criteria or the available spur adapter not be of sufficient length, then the backbone would need to be extended in the direction of the entertainment system. This is accomplished by using an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable (blue w/black stripe), not SeaTalkng Spur Cable (white w/black stripe), and a SeaTalkng T-Piece or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector. The latter two items would create a spur socket at the location of the entertainment system.
I was wondering about that. Good thing I did not run the spur cable yet. So the blue backbone cable would plug in to one of the blue sockets that currently has a blue plug on the 5 port back bone from the starter kit? I would still need an adapter to go from nmea 2000 from the Rockford PMX-can. Can you tell me the part numbers needed to go from pmx-can to the 5 port backbone approx 11 feet away at the helm.
Thank you
petdoc,

Q1. So the blue backbone cable would plug in to one of the blue sockets that currently has a blue plug on the 5 port back bone from the starter kit?
A1. Correct. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. I would still need an adapter to go from nmea 2000 from the Rockford PMX-can. Can you tell me the part numbers needed to go from pmx-can to the 5 port backbone approx 11 feet away at the helm.
A2. Based upon your description, an A06036 5m SeaTalkng Backbone Cable, A06028 SeaTalkng T-Piece, and A06075 1m SeaTalkng (F) to DeviceNet (F) Adapter would be recommended. Please see the FAQ referenced above for more information on this subject.
I followed your instructions and got the parts that you recommended. All is connected but the Axiom does not see the Stereo. How can the power cord be tested? I used the power wire from the old clarion remote on the dash.
Thank you
petdoc,

Q. Is there any programming that needs to be done or should it just pick up the RF stereo?
A. Negative. One need simply run the MFD's Audio app. Should the MFD not have been updated with LightHouse 3 v3.5.40 or later software, then it is recommended that you do so. The pin-out for a SeaTalkng spur plug may be found within the FAQ found here to permit you to verify power to the backbone. Should the problem persist, then it would be recommended that the MFD's diagnostics feature (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO) be used to verify that the MFD is listing the Rockford Fosgate entertainment system and any other SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices which have been interfaced to the system. If not, then it is recommended that a NMEA 2000 analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/Actisense NMEA Reader PC software, etc.), be interfaced to the backbone to verify that these devices are both seen on the backbone.
Thank you for the quick reply. Is there a FAQ for connection of the back bone power cable to the boat. I am confused on what the bare wire on the power cable should be connected to.
petdoc,

The bare lead which you have reference is a drain lead. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Reference URL's