Raymarine forum

Full Version: e97 & e125 V16.47 SW Update Failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my e97 and e125 networked with Seatalk HS with the e97 as the master and a WiFi connection. Previously SW V15.59 was installed on both units. I went online and looked for the latest SW update over Wifi. The e97 showed that the V16.47 update was available, so I selected the update for both displays from the e97.

All appeared to download and the update screens displayed OK! at the various steps. The System now just displays the splash screen and appears to hang on both displays. I unplugged both the Seatalk NG and Seatalk HS connections. - Same splash screen issue with no reboot.

Can I download to a memory card and try manual update? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill,

Given the symptoms reported, it is indeed recommended that the MFDs be updated via software update files copied onto a microSD memory card. It is recommended that a forced update be performed by updating the software within each MFD singly. To do so, the MFD would be switched OFF, the microSD card containing the software update files would be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader, and then the MFD would be switched ON. Upon completion of the software update, the procedure should be repeated with the second MFD.
Chuck,

Thanks for the info. I did the upgrade using an SD Card and had the same problem. I was able to do a power on factory reset on each MFD and get it to boot, and it is the latest software. I have reconfigured my displays on the network now and all works well.
Bill,

I'm glad to learn that the Factory Reset operation correct the problem reported.

You're welcome.
Reference URL's