Raymarine forum

Full Version: [DG] Autopilot S3G AST with Axiom Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the new Axiom Pro work with the older autopilot S3G AST? if I upgrade my E120 classic to Axiom Pro. and an analogue to the New quantum 2 Radar will i be able to use my autopilot?
Hi oricohen

Thank you for your enquiry.

The S3G can be connected to the AXIOM PRO via an E22158 SeaTalk to STng converter, this will enable the heading information from the Autopilot to become available in the AXIOM.

The Autopilot will follow a route created in the AXIOM, although, because it is an older pilot, you will need to create the route in AXIOM, initiate FOLLOW ROUTE in AXIOM and then in the Autopilot, select AUTO, then engage TRACK mode for the autopilot to follow the route.
Regards
Derek
The New Axiom Pro 12 with new P70s pilot control, connected via ST to STng converter doesn't work, with S3g course controller, First Axiom doesn't recognize the S3g on setting menu. if I chose the go-to function on the axiom or follow rt, it doesn't. the Autopilot engage and control the wheel but not through the Axiom, can't follow .
is there a diagram wiring you can share to where should I wire the S3g to the network?
Hi Oricohen,
Thankyou for your feedback

The AXIOM will not control the S3G autopilot directly.

You can check the AXIOM is receiving information from the AUtopilot, for example compass heading - look at the databoxes on the AXIOM screen and check the magnetic heading databox, it should show the same compass heading as it on the autopilot. If yes, then the converter is working correctly, if there are just dashes, please let me know.

To use the S3G withthe AXIOM, you will need to set up a route in the AXIOM and then activate it, then on the autopilot, select AUTO, then TRACK mode and the Autopilot will start to follow the route in the AXIOM. Please read this link here

Thanks
Derek
when in GOTO track the autopilot does not follow the track, it is connected good to the axiom and I can see the heading in the axiom and the autopilot control P70s are identical, however when in goto mode it just doesn't follow and off track by a lot where the min setting on axiom is 65ft. please advise what should I do next?
Hi Oricohen,

OK so if you can now see the heading data from the pilot in the AXIOM can you see the XTE from the AXIOM on the pilot?

Check in the autopilot that you have Variation set to manual and have selected the local variation level and saved it in the pilot calibration menu, can you now see XTE on the pilot display?

To follow the track you need to select AUTO, then select TRACK mode to follow the route in the AXIOM, note that the route in the AXIOM needs to be set to FOLLOW ROUTE too.

Thanks
Derek
I can see it all on the axiom but it doesn't follow, I have heading and all other info on the left side window pop, but it doesn't follow the compass heading. with in few min it is of track by more than 80 ft. im lost need some help here in the setting.
Thank you
Dear Mr oricohen,

Thank you for your post.

What revision of Lighthouse 3 have you got installed in the Axiom? HOMEPAGE> SETTINGS - the software version will be listed below the Axiom Pro text, the most recent update is Light 3.10.42.

What revision of software does the ST1 to Stng convertor have installed on it? HOMEPAGE> SETTINGS> NETWORK> DIAGNOSTICS - the convertor will be listed here, it requires v2.03 to be installed as this is the most recent update.

When in auto and not track mode, does the pilot operate in a stable fashion or does it wander in this mode?

If you turn the vessel slowly in a 360' circle, does the heading move smoothly in increments of 1-2' or does it jump on certain points?

On the Axiom Pro in the chart application is the heading vector displaying starting from the bow of the vessel?

Many Thanks
Louise
Reference URL's