Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] eS Touch screen freezing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My eS 127 touch screen is freezing up. I have followed the re alignment procedure, it is aligned. The screen has been cleaned according to instructions. After it freezes I shut down and restart, it then works normally for a few minutes and then freezes up. The one time it also froze the position of the vessel, so it remained in a position that it was in at the time it froze. The software that is installed is the latest version 19.03. Is there any way to rectify problem without sending unit to Raymarine.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum astroebel,

When reporting a "freezing" condition are you indicating that the MFD has become unresponsive to its buttons or reporting that the plotted vessel position is not changing?
Only the touch screen function is not working. The normal screen functions with buttons like normal. However once the ship position also stopped moving over the screen and I had to reboot to get it moving. I think this might be an unrelated issue and it only happened once. My problem right now is the fact that the touch screen freezes after a few minutes. All other controls seem to work in manual mode.
astroebel,

Should the problem only be associated with the MFD's touchscreen and should the Touch Lock (check the MFD's Home screen) not have been engaged, then it would appear that the MFD is experiencing a hardware problem with it's touchscreen, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Reference URL's