Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Axiom 9 external GPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have semi accurate signal reception from my internal GPS antenna inside my Axiom 9. It's no fault of the MFD, there is shelf with radios and cables above it in a pilot house setting. If I buy an external Raymarine GS150 GPS antenna will it plug directly into the back of my Axiom 9? If not what do we have to do? I have a pole mount on the port side and a radar dome in the middle. Is it better to have the GS150 mounted above or below my radar dome?

Thanks in advance..

Scott
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scott,

SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices are not designed to be interfaced to one another in the manner which you have suggested. The system's Data Masters MFD and each other device having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface (ex. Raystar 150 GPS Sensor) are each designed to be interfaced to the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should your system not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may construct a simple backbone to interface these devices to one another. It would typically be recommended that the GPS sensor be mounted outside of the beam of the radar and preferably above the height of the radar transducer.
Reference URL's