Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Calibration question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an X30 autopilot with ST7000+ control head. When I power it up, it beeps and says "calibration required." I went through the calibration routine, turning circles etc., and all seemed good. Shut the system down, came back the next day and it says "calibration required" again. The thing is, the calibration values I set on the previous day are still there, I can tell because the compass offset it correct when it wasn't before. What am I missing?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jeff,

Full calibration includes not only successfully turning the vessel to establish the magnetic deviation table to be used in determining magnetic heading, but also successfully completing the Auto Learn step. The Auto Lear step permits the autopilot to learn the vessel's handling characteristics while it automatically steers the vessel through a succession of turns. Should either of these not be completed, then the reported message will be displayed each time that the system is powered ON. In addition to these steps it is also recommended that after successfully turning the vessel to establish the magnetic deviation table, that the autopilot's compass be aligned to a known magnetic bearing or to COG (the latter requires that the vessel be underway and steered on a constant heading at a speed of 5 kts or greater, preferably while not under the influence of leeway).
Reference URL's