Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] Random Route Waypoint Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI I am trying to use VoyagePlanner to create some routes and then transfer them to my axiom 9.

I can create the routes all ok.
I can name the route and all the waypoints along the route.

I then export out as a GPX file ( I have tried Standard and Raymarine MFD Extension GPX)

When the GPX file imports the route name is ok - but all the route waypoints come in with long random string names.

If i look at the GPX file in a text editor the route waypoint names are correct as per how i had named them in VoyagePlanner

Any ideas what may be wrong or how to fix this ?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Matt,

Please click here to view a thread in which I had recently addressed this subject. This problem is currently expected to be corrected within the upcoming LightHouse 3 v3.7.x software update.
Many Thanks Chuck ! - I did search for the issue but obviously missed this post :( - I will wait until 3.7 before importing all my routes to my new axiom :)
You're welcome.
HI Chuck - this may already be know - but just thought i would mention it in case not - the same thing happens when synchronising routes from Navionics on the iPad.
Any idea when 3.7 is released ?
Matt,

The as the problem is rooted within the LightHouse 3 software, this problem will occur with GPX files which have been produced from any source. The LightHouse 3 v3.7.x software release is imminent. The actual release date will be dependent upon testing results.
Many thanks again Chuck !
You're welcome.
Reference URL's