Raymarine forum

Full Version: [CA11] LHIII.6 advanced manual questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The manual has a couple comments on upgrading the III that I cant find a lot of info on.

Quote:Before you perform the upgrade, the following considerations need to be taken into account:

Digital switching
Upgrading to LightHouseâ„¢ 3 will erase all Digital switching files loaded on your MFD. Once erased, these files will be unrecoverable, potentially rendering the Digital switching system unusable.
Digital switching solutions must be converted, before performing the upgrade to LightHouseâ„¢ 3. Contact Raymarine Technical Support, who will guide you through the process and perform the necessary file conversion.

Autopilots
Legacy SeaTalk ® and SPX autopilots cannot be controlled by MFDs running LightHouse™ 3. A Pilot control head will be required to control legacy autopilot systems.

So...

1: How do you backup LHII switching files, so they can be restored on a downgrade?
2: What does it mean that LHIII wont be able to talk to a legacy AP? Right now, LHII can control my AP via the seatalkng port and a raymarine seatalk NG to 1 converter.

Thanks in advance
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum scep,

Q1. How do you backup LHII switching files, so they can be restored on a downgrade?
A1. Should the vessel be equipped with Digital Switching capability, should the vessel have been delivered with Raymarine a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs running LightHouse II, and should Digital Switching capability via the MFD(s) have been capable, then the manufacturer of the vessel would have developed and installed Digital Switching files for your specific vessel's Digital Switching system. Should one be consider whether to upgrade an eS/gS-Series MFD's software from LightHouse II to LightHouse 3, then customer will need to first contact the vessel manufacturer to determine whether the manufacturer has produced/acquired. then it would be recommended that the vessel manufacturer be contacted to determine whether such was available. If not, then it would not be recommended that the software of the eS/gS-Series MFD be updated to LightHouse 3 or else the MFD(s) will no longer support Digital Switching.

Like other settings, Digital Switching settings are backed up to a microSD memory card via the command sequence HOME->MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->BACK-UP SETTINGS. Like other settings, Digital Switching settings may be restored a microSD memory card containing a settings back-up via the command sequence HOME->MY DATA->IMPORT/EXPORT->RESTORE SETTINGS.

Q2. What does it mean that LHIII wont be able to talk to a legacy AP? Right now, LHII can control my AP via the seatalkng port and a raymarine seatalk NG to 1 converter.
A2. The Autopilot Controls feature of LightHouse 3 software is only supported by systems which features an Evolution autopilot. Should the system feature a legacy Raymarine autopilot, then it will be necessary to utilize the autopilot control head to configure the autopilot's settings, as well as to command the autopilot into Standby, Auto, and Track modes.
Reference URL's